-->

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

One Year with Bean.

Bean, my Sequoia from the Oregon/California Coast line, One of the Giants has been with me for a year. Bean is the first thing I ever tried to grow from a young sapling and actually is growing, and growing healthy. When I first saw Bean I knew that he was going to be my tree. He/she had a misfortunate event in the car being toppled around which resulted in some fertilizer burning some limbs. With a few care and snipping of these limbs, Bean is 20" tall. He/she is my spirit tree. Bean is a constant reminder than no matter how bad I fall and get scarred by life's happenings, I'll still be able to grow. They say you should have a plant before you have animals or a kid. I worked the other way around, but when I had him, and the care and love it takes to grow something to be one of the greats. It's a true honor and a sense of pride I can't explain. Here's to you Bean, I love you and I hope you become a strong tree for the many years more!

No comments:

Post a Comment